• Lemon balm extract (Melissa officinalis L.)
• Different concentrations available for nutritional products
• Standardized on premium quality polyphenols expressed as rosmarinic acid
• Complete traceability from raw material
• Strict control of contaminants such as PAHs
Sources date the medicinal use of lemon balm to over 2000 years ago by the Greeks and Romans. Paracelsus, the father of modern medicine, commented that lemon balm should be used for “all complaints supposed to proceed from a disordered state of the nervous system”, referring to this plant as the elixir of life.
Lemon balm is the key ingredient of the famous “Agua del Carmen” remedy, which was prepared during the early seventeenth century by the Barefoot Carmelites and used to relieve states of general nervousness. This formulation is still consumed in Northern Europe.
• Natural support as sleep aid (during times of mental stress)
• Natural support for digestive disturbances
Manufactured in NSF GMP certified facility.
Lemon balm is recommended by international organizations specializing in herbal medicine as ESCOP (European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy) to temporarily improve tenseness, restlessness and irritability, and as symptomatic treatment of digestive disorders.
The European Medicine Agency (EMA) classified medicinal preparations with Lemon balm leaf extracts as “traditional use” for relief of mild symptoms of mental stress, to aid sleep and for symptomatic treatment of mild gastrointestinal complaints including bloating and flatulence.