Echinacea is initially described as a traditional medicine of the Native Americans of the Great Plains region. It was used as a remedy for more ailments than any other plant, including use for fever, sore throat, wound healing and skin health. Echinacea has been promoted for years as a dietary supplement to help support a healthy immune system in adults, particularly in the elderly.
Echinacea EFLA®894 is a unique cold pressed juice from freshly harvested aerial parts of the Echinacea purpurea plant.
1. Park et al., Journal of Medicinal Food 2018
2. Fujii et al., Pharmacometrics 2011
3. Isbaniah et al., Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2011
4. Antiviral effects of Echinacea EFLA ® 894 and Pelargonium EFLA ® 956, 2011, Data on file at IFF
5. Burger et al., International Journal of Immunopharmacology 1997